It’s week 2 of 2021, and I bet your resolutions are still going strong.
But will you be going strong on week 52?
Good goal setting means they need to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic & Timely…. or SMART
Here are some tips to stick to your resolutions and achieve your S-M-A-R-T goals for 2021.
“Spend less” is not specific. Instead “spend 5% less than last year.”
“Save more” is not measurable. Instead “save an extra $500 per month”.
“Saving 50% of your paychecks” is probably not attainable. Instead, “incrementally save more in 5% batches.”
“Spending $0 on restaurants.” is not realistic. Instead “Eat out only twice per week.”
This is a freebie since New Year’s resolutions have a natural deadline to completion. That said, consider breaking it into quarterly goals, so you don’t have to wait 12 months to feel accomplished.
1. Develop a Masterclass for a self-service version of our Financial Zen Foundations program.
2. Hire a second financial planning team
3. Grow our membership base by 100 new young families
4. Develop monthly Financial Zen reports for current members to track key financial ratios like liquidity, savings rate, etc.
1. Hold a human flag for 2 seconds
2. Learn to finger pick 12 new songs
3. Take a picture of 180 sunsets
Let me know and we can check in with each other in 50 weeks!